VIRGIN 17 registers strongest growth among DTT channels in October
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, november 6, 2008
With 8% growth, the month’s excellent results confirm the drawing power of the new programming strategy introduced at the start of the 2008 autumn season.
- In October, VIRGIN 17 registered the strongest growth among DTT-only channels in the age four-and-up demographic, with an increase of 8% compared to September 2008. Its nationwide audience share in France doubled over a one-year period.
- Virgin 17 continues to draw more viewers: each week: the channel is watched by 17,422,000 people over age four, representing growth of 67% versus October 2007.
- In October 2008, Virgin 17 registered a 25% increase in audience share in the 25-49 demographic with access to Virgin 17 versus the previous month.
October’s positive results confirm the success of the new prime-time programming policy introduced in September 2008:
- +20% in the age four-and-up demographic with access to Virgin 17 vs. September 2008.
- +11% in the 15-34 demographic with V17 access vs. September 2008.
- +33% in the 25-49 demographic with V17 access vs. September 2008.
- +25% in the DTT-only age four-and-up demographic vs. September 2008.
Broadcasts with the best audience figures included:
- The movies Universal Soldier and Lake Placid.
- The made-for-TV movies Prisonnières de l’ouragan and Le piège.
- The new magazine show Paparanews, which was among the channel’s Top 5 most-watched shows as of its broadcast première on 31 October.
Source: October 2008 Mediametrie-Mediamat survey, average audiences Monday-Sunday, 3 a.m.-2:59 a.m.
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register