Unicef and Relay will celebrate the children of the world
CSR, Lagardère Travel Retail
Paris, November 23th 2000
From 11 to 17 December 2000, Unicef and Relay are joining forces as part of a special operation, “Let’s celebrate the children of the world”, which will take place in Relay stores in Europe and North America.
The operation involves giving leaflets to Relay customers in order to raise their awareness of Unicef’s action to help children all over the world. The leaflet will give customers the opportunity to make a donation to the organisation, and includes two postcards that can be sent as Christmas/New Year greetings cards.
Founded in 1946 by the United-Nations, Unicef is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation that works to provide children all over the world with the best possible level of health and education.
Relay a souhaité s’engager aux côtés de l’Unicef en mettant la puissance de sa chaîne de commercialisation au service d’une chaîne de solidarité internationale.
Relay wants to back Unicef’s cause by making use of its high-profile network of travel retail stores to support an international chain of solidarity.
During the operation “Let’s celebrate the children of the world”, more than 50 million people will be made aware of Unicef’s work, and will be invited to make a donation to the organisation.
Relay : facts and figures
- The leading international travel retail brand, launched by Hachette Distribution Services in January 2000.
- The largest network of press and gift stores based in transportation centers.
- 1,055 press and gift stores in eleven European countries (France, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Portugal, Switzerland, Poland) and North America (the United States and Canada).
- One million customers a day.
- Every shop proposes between 800 and 2,500 different publications (newspapers and magazines).
- One in two long-distance passengers (train/plane) makes a purchase in a Relay store prior to his journey.
- International website : relay.com
Press Contacts :
Head of External Communications - Hachette Distribution Services (HDS)
Tel. 33 1 42 99 07 00
Alexandra Cavanna/Nadège Hariti - Burson-Marsteller
Tel. 33 1 41 86 76 76
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register