Public on iPad: the standard-setting brand for celebrity news extends its leadership to the iPad
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, November 14, 2011
The Public brand has met with clear success on smartphones, and is now continuing in this direction with the launch of its iPad app and a new version of its iPhone app.
Public came in eighth in the OJD ranking for the month of October 2011 and is the leading application in the celebrity news themed area (source: Médiamétrie Q3 2011 and OJD October 2011).
This intuitive application now makes it possible for users to easily access a wide range of content via iPhone and iPad, including:
- News, scoops, photos of the stars and videos exclusive to Public TV.
- A fashion section that deciphers the latest trends.
- Special articles on the hot topics of the moment.
- A service menu that allows users to stay connected to Public via its Twitter and Facebook profiles and to get a sneak preview of the newsstand magazine and the Jeux by Public selection.
“Following the success of the mobile app, Public is coming to the iPad with innovative celebrity and fashion content from a team of media journalists,” said Nicolas Pigasse, Public’s managing editor and brand manager. “Now more than ever, Public is positioned as a leading brand in women’s celebrity coverage in terms of contact points.”
- Public is a true multimedia brand with a presence on several types of media: a weekly women's celebrity publication with total circulation of 406,849 copies (DFP 2010) and an audience of 3.2 million readers (AEPM 2009-2010).
- The pioneer of celebrity sites on the web with www.public.fr (relaunched on 8 February 2011), which has already totalled 1.5 million unique visitors (Nielsen Netratings - September 2011).
- The leading celebrity app, launched for the iPhone in March 2009 and now also available for iPad, Android, Samsung Wave, Nokia and Windows Phone and currently under development for BlackBerry. It attracted 443,262 unique visitors in October 2011, according to the OJD.
To download the application:
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields: