Médiamétrie 126,000: Europe 1 moves up one spot in French radio ratings, again boosting its position among its target audiences
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, November 14, 2012
- With 8.9 points in cumulative audience, Europe 1’s new programme schedule draws 4.663 million daily listeners, increasing its audience year-on-year. The station grew by 94,000 listeners during one sweeps period.
- With these numbers, Europe 1 moved up one spot in the French radio ratings.
- This growth was accompanied by excellent results among its target audiences:
– Audience share up 12% among 25- to 59-year-olds during one sweeps period.
– Europe 1 is France’s leading private radio station among managers and those with high socioeconomic status (SES) in both cumulative audience and audience share.
- Bruce Toussaint’s morning show achieved excellent results, drawing 2.854 million listeners each morning, a gain of 27,000 new listeners year-on-year and 14,000 in one sweeps period, a 1.6-point increase in audience share among the high SES demographic in one sweeps period to 11.3% and a 3.4 point increase in audience share among managers during one sweeps period to 15.2%.
- The positive results achieved by the following programmes were among the other reasons to be pleased with the survey results:
– Europe 1 Soir with Nicolas Poincaré, 6-8 pm: 99,000 new listeners during one sweeps period, up 70,000 year-on-year.
– On va s’gêner with Laurent Ruquier drew an additional 65,000 listeners over one sweeps period, up 70,000 year-on-year, with 1.359 million listeners each day.
– Libre antenne with Caroline Dublanche, with 36,000 new listeners during one sweeps period, up 37,000 year-on-year.
– Grand Direct des Médias with Jean-Marc Morandini, whose fresh programming continues to draw new listeners: up 88,000 over one sweeps period.
– Franck Ferrand’s Au Coeur de l’Histoire: up 22,000 listeners during one sweeps period, ratings that support the excellent performance of these podcasts, which continue to be among the most-downloaded radio programmes month after month.
Source: Médiamétrie 126,000 Radio survey - 13-and-up demographic; September-October 2012; Monday-Friday, 5 am-midnight; changes year-on-year vs. September-October 2011 and during one sweeps period vs. April-May-June 2012.
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields: