Lagardère Unlimited signs French F1 prospect Charles Pic
Archives Lagardère Sports and Entertainment
Paris, June 21, 2011
Lagardère Unlimited, the sport industry and entertainment division of the Lagardère Group, has today signed GP2 driver and F1 prospect Charles Pic.
French racing driver Charles Pic is currently racing in GP2 with Championship wining team Barwa Addax. After his GP2 Rookie year in 2010, Pic is now showing he’s a title contender in 2011 having taken race wins in Barcelona and around the streets of Monaco in imperious fashion; he stands 3rd in the Drivers’ Championship just one point off the joint leaders.
Regarded as one of France’s brightest F1 prospects, Charles has achieved stand-out success throughout his junior motor sport career. Before GP2 he competed in the highly competitive World Series by Renault achieving 3rd place overall in the 2009 Championship ahead of the likes of Jaime Alguersuari who now races for Toro Rosso in F1.
Group Lagardère CEO Arnaud Lagardère welcomed Pic to Lagardère Unlimited, “Charles has shown outstanding ability throughout his junior years. He’s a young man ready to make a big impact at the top of motor sport, and we’re proud he’s chosen Lagardère Unlimited as his management team.”
“My ambition is to win GP2 and be in F1 next year” said Pic. “Thanks to Lagardère Unlimited I now have a dedicated team of specialists around me working in sports, marketing and media. Being able to work along the side of Olivier Panis is a great opportunity for me. Myself being French and working with a global French company with the same objective is a recipe for success.”
Lawrence Frankopan, President of Lagardère Unlimited UK Ltd said, “We are delighted to be representing Charles Pic as a Lagardère Unlimited client, and look forward to working with a driver who has proven talent and star potential.”
Oliver Panis, who will act as Lagardere Unlimited‘s technical advisor to Pic, commented, “Being a Frenchman I’ve obviously been aware of Charles for some time. There’s been great excitement around his progress in recent years and I’m extremely happy to get the chance to work with him at this pivotal stage in his career.”
Pic’s Career To Date:
- 2010 GP2 Series – 10th (1 win, 1 pole position)
- 2009 World Series by Renault – 3rd
- 2008 World Series by Renault – 6th
- 2007 Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup – 3rd // Formula Renault 2.0 France – 4th
- 2006 Formula Renault Campus France – 3rd
- 2004-2005 Karting
GP2 Asia Series – 5th (1 win, 1 pole position)
About Lagardère Unlimited
A division of the Lagardère Group dedicated to Sport and Entertainment, Lagardère Unlimited is one of the world leaders in this sector.
Lagardère Unlimited deploys its expertise in six complementary business lines:
– Distribution of media rights (UEFA EURO 2012TM in 49 territories in Asia and Oceania, the Olympic Games in Sochi 2014 and Rio 2016 in 40 European territories…);
– Sale of sports rights and marketing products (14 football clubs of the League 1, and the Bundesliga in France and Germany…);
– Production, organization and management of events (including the Rock Opera Mozart, “Elle en scène”, the Legg Mason Tennis Classic and the Dextro Energy Triathlon London);
– Consulting in the management/operation of stadiums, sports grounds and show venues (the Zénith in Paris);
– Representation of sports and arts/entertainment personalities (over 250 talents represented, including Joakim Noah, Reggie Bush, Andy Roddick, Caroline Wozniacki, Dwight Howard Sébastien Chabal and Megan Alexander);
– Management of sports training academies (Lagardère Paris Racing* in Paris, the Saddlebrook Academy** in the United States).
Lagardère Unlimited employs over 1,000 people, and its activity extends over three continental zones: North and South America, Europe and Africa, and Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
*SASP Lagardère Paris Racing Ressources
** 30% owned by Lagardère Unlimited
- For more information on Lagardère Unlimited, visit www.lagardere-unlimited.com
Press contact :
Luthna Plocus - Head of Communication and External Relations - T +33(0)1 40 69 16 66 - E email@example.com
Lagardère shares are listed on Euronext Paris (Compartment A).
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register