Lagardère Active top-rated channels
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, March 12, 2009
MCM: tops among French music channels
- The No. 1 music channel among viewers aged four and up with 0.4% audience share, MCM’s audience grew by 33%.
- The No. 1 music channel among 15- to-34-year-olds with 1.1 % audience share, MCM’s audience grew by 10% compared with the preceding sweeps period.
- MCM is France’s most-watched music channel, with 7.157 million monthly viewers aged 4 and up.
- MCM’s music channels top the list: in the music-channel category, MCM’s three-channel package (MCM + MCM TOP + MCM POP) ranked No. 1 among viewers aged 4 and up (with 0.7 % audience share) and among 15- to-34-year-olds (1.7% audience share).
TiJi and CANAL J among the Top 5 special-interest channels
- CANAL J ranked No. 3 in special-interest channels with viewers aged four and up for all channels combined, with 0.7%* audience share.
TiJi ranked No. 4 with 0.6% audience share.
* Ranked equal in audience share.
- CANAL J and TiJi: a landmark for children…
– In this increasingly competitive audience bracket, Canal J draws the most children each week, all special-interest channels combined (1.336 million 4- to-14-year-olds, an increase of 6% compared with the preceding sweeps period).
– In this sweeps period, the channel registered audience share of 3.6% with 4- to-10-year-olds and 3.4% with 4- to-14-year-olds.
– TiJi ranked No. 2 with 4% audience share among 4- to-10-year-olds.
- …And a trusted resource for parents
The two channels tied for second place with 1% audience share among homemakers with children, all special-interest channels combined.
- With 1.6 % audience share, Filles TV took second place among girls and women aged 15-24.
Mezzo: the standard-setting classical and jazz channel
- Each month, 4 million viewers watch Mezzo.
- Mezzo proves an overwhelming success with subscribers:
– Mezzo’s major musical events (8:30 pm-midnight, Monday through Sunday): 0.4% audience share*.
– Sacred music (Sundays, 10:00 am-1:30 pm): 0.4% audience share*.
** Verified reception: at least one 10-second contact by a household member.
(1)The MediaCabSat-Mediametrie survey was conducted over a period of six months between 1 September 2008 and 15 February 2009. The sample comprised 3,341 people aged 4 and up living in 1,046 households in France that subscribe to cable, CanalSat or TPS (via satellite or ADSL), representing 29.8% of television-equipped households with viewers aged 4 and up.
* Results for the entire population and day (3 am to 2:59 am).
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register