Lagardère Active : new organization for french and international Magazine Publishing Division
Archives Lagardère Active
Levallois, June 28, 2011
Following the acquisition by Hearst Corporation of the Lagardère Active group’s international magazine publishing subsidiaries, Lagardère Active is reorganizing its Magazine Publishing Division, in particular its international activities.
Didier Quillot has appointed Bruno Lesouëf, previously CEO of the French Magazine Publishing Division, as CEO of the French and International Magazine Publishing Divisions, to accomplish this new chapter in the development of the ELLE brand and its derivatives internationally.
The International Magazine Publishing Business will focus on five key areas:
– Brand Management: overseeing the international network, brand development and editorial coherence, as well as sharing and coordinating publishing projects.
– Syndication: providing services to the international editions, negotiating rights and making print and digital editorial content available to the network.
– International co-productions: producing editorial projects for the network.
– Overseeing of licences: Management of contracts and relationships with licensees.
– Development: Extension of the ELLE brand and its derivatives to all media (print, web, mobile, tablets, etc.) in all countries.
Lagardère Active, owner of the ELLE brand and its derivatives, licenses them:
– To Hearst in 12 countries (14 by the end of the year, once the Chinese and the British authorities have given their agreement; corresponding to 15 editions of ELLE).
– To 21 other partners in 26 countries; corresponding to 27 editions of ELLE.
The ELLE network today includes 42 international editions and the ELLE Decoration network includes 24 international editions.
Bruno Lesouëf has reorganized the International Magazines Publishing Division along the following lines, as of today:
– François Coruzzi is appointed Executive Vice President International, in charge of all business operations and the business development of the International Magazines Publishing Division.
– Valéria Llopiz is appointed International Director of ELLE, under the editorial supervision of Valérie Toranian, Editorial Director of ELLE France and ELLE Brand Manager, and of Franck Espiasse-Cabau, Publisher of the Women’s Magazine Division.
– Fabrizio Lo Cicero is appointed International Director of ELLE Decoration and of the development of the Shelter Titles – under the editorial supervision of Sylvie de Chirée, Editorial Director of ELLE Decoration France, and of Philippe Khyr, Publisher of the Shelter Titles.
– Cristina Romero is appointed Director of Editorial Co-Productions in charge of the creation and production of editorial projects for the International editions of ELLE and ELLE Decoration. – Mickaël Berret is appointed Director of International Publishing Licences and Syndication. He will be responsible for managing and overseeing ELLE and ELLE Decoration licences and will run the print and digital syndication teams.
– Arnaud de Saint Simon will continue supervising all international operations in connection with Psychologies Magazine.
The French Magazine Publishing Division will be reorganized as of September 1rst, 2011:
– Franck Espiasse-Cabau, is appointed Publisher of the French and International Women’s magazines Division (ELLE, Version Femina and Be). He will also be in charge of supervising newsstand sales for all French magazines, together with Pascal Traineau, Director of Operations.
– Pascal Traineau is appointed publisher of Auto Moto.
– Edouard Minc is appointed Publisher of Paris Match. He will remain Digital Publisher of Women’s magazines and Responsible for the contractual relationships of Version Femina with the Daily Regional Press.
– Claire Leost is appointed Publisher of Télé 7 Jeux, France Dimanche and Ici Paris in addition to Télé7 jours, Première and Pariscope for which she will keep the same responsibilities.
– Anne-Laurence Velly, Chief Digital Officer Japan, will be appointed Publisher of Public.
– Evelyne Laquit will remain Publisher of Journal du Dimanche in charge of Custom Publishing and Business Development.
– Philippe Khyr will remain Publisher of Parenting, Shelter and Youth Magazines.
– Arnaud de Saint Simon will remain Editorial Director for the French and international editions of Psychologies Magazine.
Benoit Liva - + 33 (0)1 41 34 67 16 - email@example.com
Lucie Dugit-Gros - +33 (0)1 41 34 79 25
Karine Ruberto - + 33 (0) 1 41 34 95 40
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register