Boursier.com has joined the growing list of apps derived from Lagardère Active brands, just eight months after launch of the first such iPhone application.
Lagardère Active, which racked up a total of more than 1,250,000 downloads and 40 million page views for the month of July alone, introduced its ninth mobile application today.
After the resounding success of WebApp (its optimized iPhone site), launched in May 2008, Boursier.com, France’s No. 1 stock-market analysis website, announced today its launch of a mobile application that can be downloaded free from the Appstore.
This application reflects the full range of editorial and technical expertise developed by Boursier.com teams.
In addition to such traditional features as stock-market quotes, rankings, currencies, news feeds and more, Boursier.com has developed quite a few innovations, including:
- A comprehensive home page, with everything you need to know available at a single glance.
- Full Euronext Paris quotes (shares, derivatives, UCITS, mutual funds and more).
- An intuitive, easy-to-use stock-quote search engine.
- All the day’s financial news, at your fingertips.
- A quick, highly fluid display, even on the EDGE network.
- Single-touch display of all CAC40 securities.
- Videos: three trend updates per day (at 9:30 am, 12 noon and 6:00 pm).
- Charts: optimized displays ranging from intra-day to 10-year listings.
- ‘My List’: a preconfigured list, always close at hand, just for website members.
“The launch of our WebApp just over a year ago proved to be a major success, establishing the iPhone as a new product in its own right in our range of services and prompting us to consider an onboard stock-market solution for mobile terminals, designed to offer amateurs and professionals alike more services and better display quality than ever before,” explains Christophe Champredonde, director of Boursier.com.
“With Boursier.com, we aim to consolidate our leadership position on the iPhone platform. Following in the footsteps of our geo-location service for cinemas and film schedules (Première), real-time sports news (Sports.fr) and TV guide services (Télé7), Boursier.com has all the assets necessary to rapidly become the No. 1 app for online stock-market services,” said Emmanuel Vacher, Lagardère Active’s senior vice president for marketing and sales.
Boursier.com is the leading stock-market advisory site in France, with over 1.3 million unique visitors per month (source: Nielsen//NetRatings – June 2009). Boursier.com also supplies RSS-feed publishing solutions for the financial market’s major banks (including Axa Banque, BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Credit Mutuel and ING Direct), online brokers (Fortuneo, BourseDirect, CortalConsors and CPR Online), management companies (Meeschaert and Portzamparc), Web portals (Orange, Yahoo! and MSN), print media (Le Revenu and Challenges) and telecom operators (Orange, SFR and Bouygues Telecom). Boursier.com also publishes a paid subscription service for high value-added editorial content.