Europe 1 unveils its team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, May 13, 2014
Raí, Michel Denisot, Raymond Domenech, Guy Roux, Marinette Pichon, Daniel Cohn-Bendit, Bérengère Bonte, François Clauss, Nicolas Poincaré and Thomas Sotto! These 10 will form the Europe 1 “dream team” for the 2014 Football World Cup, plus, of course, all those in the Sports Service and the production teams. Kick-off in Brazil on 12 June!
Europe 1 has today unveiled its team of men and women from the worlds of football, politics and the media who will cover the 20th Football World Cup competition, being staged in Brazil from 12 June to 13 July 2014:
- Raí, a former Brazilian international player who rose up at Paris Saint-Germain in the 1990s and helped Brazil win the World Cup in 1994
- Michel Denisot, a journalist, television director and chairman of Paris Saint-Germain from 1991 to 1998
- Raymond Domenech, a consultant for Europe 1, French team selector from 2004 to 2010 and finalist at the 2006 World Cup
- Guy Roux, legendary coach of AJ Auxerre and a consultant at Europe 1 for 20 years
- Marinette Pichon, a French women’s football personality, French champion, former captain of the women’s Bleues and holder of their goal-scoring record
- Daniel Cohn-Bendit, a former MEP and football fan who was also chairman of a football club in Frankfurt
- François Clauss, head of the Sports Service at Europe 1
- Bérengère Bonte, a journalist at the controls for Europe 1 Sport – Le Club on Sundays from 8:00 to 11:00 pm
- Thomas Sotto, presenter of Europe 1 Matin from 6:00 to 9:00 am
- Nicolas Poincaré, presenter of Europe 1 Soir from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (to be renamed Europe 1 Football Club for the duration of the Football World Cup)
All the production and Sports Service teams will also be involved in events revolving around the Football World Cup:
- From 12 to 13 June 2014: Brazilian Night live from Rio!
Thomas Sotto and Nicolas Poincaré will be live at the opening ceremony in Rio de Janeiro to present:
– Europe 1 Football Club on Thursday 12 June from 6:30 to 8:00 pm, followed by a Brazilian night from 8:00 pm to 5:00 the next morning!
– Europe 1 Matin – Brazil Special on Friday 13 June, a one-off programme from 5:00 to 9:00 am.
They will be supported by François Clauss, Raymond Domenech and a line-up of high-profile guests. Nicolas Poincaré will also present Europe 1 Football Club live from Rio on Friday 13 June from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- The news programme that keeps you in touch with football
– Europe 1 Matin from 6:00 to 9:00 am
Every morning, Michel Denisot and Raí will deliver their analysis and report on matches live from Brazil in a joint interview. Daniel Cohn-Bendit will be there – also live from Brazil – to share his travel diary every morning. Raymond Domenech will answer the Question of the Day on the Football World Cup. And lastly, a world news bulletin will be presented by François Clauss.
– Europe 1 Midi from 12:30 to 2:00 pm
Also live from Brazil, Guy Roux will answer questions from listeners every day during the midday information slot presented by Wendy Bouchard.
– Europe 1 Soir from 6:30 to 8:00 pm, renamed Europe 1 Football Club from 7:00 to 10:00 pm.
From 12 June to 13 July, Nicolas Poincaré’s broadcast will be devoted to the World Cup every day from 7:00 to 8:00 pm, the first half-hour being taken up with the day’s news and a guest appearance at 6:50 pm. He will be supported by a number of experts each day, including: Michel Denisot, Raymond Domenech, Guy Roux, Marinette Pichon, Daniel Cohn-Bendit and François Clauss.
- Other dates on the schedule
Europe 1 will rebroadcast the 62 matches in news flashes and will provide half-hourly updates from the station.
Aside from the journalists following the French team, special correspondents will talk about Brazil during the World Cup, from Manaos to Recife and Rio de Janeiro to Brasilia.
- “Brazil time” sports broadcasts with Bérengère Bonte and François Clauss
Bérengère Bonte and François Clauss will focus on the Football World Cup in their sports broadcasts on Friday and Sunday from 8:00 pm and Saturday from 6:30 pm. They will be supported by Guy Roux (live from Brazil), Raymond Domenech and a team of journalists and personalities from society and the worlds of culture and politics.
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register