The ELLE brand is extending its digital experience with the launch of a dedicated platform, ELLEVideos, on its website.
The lineup as of the launch includes:
- More than 1,500 videos on various topics of interest to women, including fashion, fashion shows, beauty, slimming, people, cuisine, interior design, cinema and society.
- A video of the day to immerse viewers in the latest ELLE.fr news.
ELLEVideos is all about women’s lives, celebrity interviews, beauty tips, backstage events at fashion shows and more, such as:
- Thierry Mugler’s runway event featuring Lady Gaga.
- The art and style of the Japanese chignon.
- A visit to fashion designer Carole Fakiel’s boutique.
- An interview with Irma, a young folk-music star.
- Recipes, filmed step-by-step.
- An introduction to Zumba, a fitness dance programme.
This platform is a human-scale affair, initiated and developed by ELLE.fr’s 15-journalist editorial team, whose aim is to bring the digital content alive by sharing new videos with viewers every day.
For Valérie Toranian, ELLE’s managing editor, “ELLE began its female-focused adventure in print before going digital. Given pride of place on the website today, video provides us with a new approach that is even more alive, enquiring, enjoyable and informative.”
Armelle Thoraval, editor-in-chief of ELLE.fr, adds, “We wanted to give this video platform an elegant, refined look and feel. We are thinking of it as a meeting place, and have a number of surprises in store over the weeks to come. Our aim is to be serious (in the advice we give), at the forefront (with our releases), passionate (about the connections we make), practical (when it comes to recipes) and committed (to women) — and amusing in our future efforts to stay connected.”
Both general and highly specific, ELLE.fr offers its 2 million monthly website visitors rich ELLE content on all issues affecting women. As one of the Top 3 women's press websites, ELLE.fr complements ELLE magazine by providing daily news content and tomorrow's trends today.