For the site’s third international spin-off
On the basis of 2010’s successful international launches in Spain and then Italy, Doctissimo, the leading French website aimed at women, continues its expansion with the launch of a UK version, Doctissimo.co.uk.
Coordinated by Doctissimo’s teams in France, which have 10 years’ experience in the publication of Internet sites dedicated to well-being and health, the site will also rely on the commercial expertise of the Hachette Filipacchi UK teams.
The UK site comprises:
- Seven editorial sections (health, pregnancy, maternity, sexuality, well-being, beauty and nutrition).
- Specialized, highly detailed background articles approved by health experts.
- Well-known specialist Dr Miriam Stoppard, who will provide support for the development of our pregnancy/maternity section.
- Topics of concern to the site’s visitors, and women in particular, at key moments in their lives (from puberty to pregnancy to illness).
- A health encyclopaedia, medical dictionary and baby-name guide, plus a diet guide with nearly 1,000 recipe cards.
- Special-interest quizzes (on health, relationships, sexuality and so on).
- Coming soon: forums, blogs, slide shows, videos, a guide to symptoms and diseases, newsletters and more.
Valerie Brouchoud, director of Doctissimo, comments
: “This new launch is a real challenge for Doctissimo’s teams, since there are many good-quality websites devoted to health in the United Kingdom. Our two-pronged editorial and community-based approach makes us unique, however, because we offer information plus forums for self-expression, open communication and dialogue. We are convinced that we can inspire our site’s visitors to take better care of their health.”