Distribution deal between Opéra de Paris Production and Telmondis Distribution
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, January 25, 2013
In conjunction with the annual MIDEM music industry get-together, which takes place on 26-29 January 2013 in Cannes, the Paris National Opera announces the signing of an exclusive distribution agreement between its subsidiary Opéra de Paris Production, founded in October 2012, and Telmondis Distribution, a subsidiary of Lagardère Entertainment. This agreement makes Telmondis Distribution the exclusive distributor of the world television rights to the Paris National Opera’s recorded opera and ballet productions for the current and next two seasons.
The following, co-produced by Opéra de Paris Production, will be recorded during the 2012-13 season and distributed by Telmondis Distribution:
- Carmen, by Georges Bizet, with stage design by Yves Beaunesne. Produced by François Roussillon with co-production by FRA Productions.
- Falstaff, by Giuseppe Verdi, with stage design by Dominique Pitoiset. Produced by Philipe Béziat, with co-production by Cinétévé and the participation of France Télévisions.
- Hansel and Gretel, by Engelbert Humperdinck, with stage design by Mariame Clément. Produced by Andy Sommer, with co-production by Air Média and the participation of France Télévisions.
- La Gioconda, by Amilcare Ponchielli, with stage design by Pier Luigi Pizzi. Produced by Dominique Thiel, with co-production by Wahoo Production and the participation of France Télévisions.
- Sous apparence, with choreography by Marie-Agnès Gillot, set to the music of Anton Bruckner, Morton Feldman and György Ligeti. Produced by Vincent Bataillon, with co-production by Telmondis and the participation of France Télévisions.
- Un jour ou deux, with choreography by Merce Cunningham set to an original John Cage score. Produced by Vincent Bataillon, with co-production by Telmondis and the participation of France Télévisions.
- O Composite, with choreography by Trisha Brown, set to an original Laurie Anderson score. Produced by François Goetghebeur, with co-production by Souffleurs de Vert and the participation of France Télévisions.
- Don Quixote, with choreography by Rudolf Nureyev, set to the music of Ludwig Minkus with arrangements by John Lanchbery. Produced by François Roussillon, with co-production by FRA Productions and Arte France.
- Mahler’s Third Symphony, with choreography by John Neumeier, set to the music of Gustav Mahler.
Produced by Thomas Grimm, with co-production by CLC and the participation of France Télévisions.
- The Tercentenary of the French School of Dance, an exceptional gala performance featuring the ballets of Pierre Lacotte, Jacques Garnier, Léo Staats, Béatrice Massin, Nicolas Paul and Jean-Guillaume Bart. Produced by François Roussillon, with co-production by FRA Productions and Arte France.
In following seasons, Opéra de Paris Production will co-produce 8-10 recordings, further enriching the catalogue of programmes distributed by Telmondis Distribution.
Opéra National de Paris
Pierrette Chastel - press secretary - +33 (0)1 40 01 19 95 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thierry Messonnier - press secretary - +33 (0)1 40 01 20 63 - email@example.com
Pierre Collet - press secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginie Lafleur - press secretary - email@example.com
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register