Bruno Lalande to join Lagardère Unlimited
Archives Lagardère Sports and Entertainment
Boulogne-Billancourt, October 19, 2011
Lagardère Unlimited announced today that Bruno Lalande will join in due course as the new General Counsel of Lagardère Unlimited Europe and Africa.
Previously, Bruno has been the Managing Director of Kantar Sport and, since 2000, Head of Research at Kantar Media’s information department.
Commenting on the appointment, Alain Lemarchand said: “We are delighted to welcome Bruno to the team. He is widely recognised as a sports business expert and will assist us with implementing synergies and will accelerate growth in our Sport and Entertainment departments – one of the Group’s areas targeted for major strategic development.”
Bruno will report directly to Alain Lemarchand.
Aged 42, Bruno Lalande began his career in 1993 in founding Access Press International (API), a media research institute specializing in sponsorship and editing.
In 2000, he joined Kantar Media as Managing Director of Kantar Sport and Head of Research at Kantar Media’s Information department.
An expert of sports marketing, Bruno is a lecturer in various education programmes such as Sciences Po Paris and HEC. Due to his comprehensive knowledge of the area, his advice is frequently sought by numerous press and media professionals. He is the co-author of the book « Des marques et des mesures ».
About Lagardère Unlimited
A division of the Lagardère group dedicated to Sport and Entertainment, Lagardère Unlimited is one of the world leaders in this sector. Lagardère Unlimited deploys its expertise in six complementary business lines:
– Distribution of media rights ;
– Sale of sports rights and marketing products ;
– Production, organization and management of events (including the Rock Opera Mozart, “Elle en scène”, the Legg Mason Tennis Classic and the Dextro Energy Triathlon London);
– Consulting in the management/operation of stadiums, sports grounds and show venues (the Zénith in Paris);
– Representation of sports and arts/entertainment personalities (over 250 talents represented, including Joakim Noah, Reggie Bush, Andy Roddick, Caroline Wozniacki, Dwight Howard);
– Management of sports training academies (Lagardère Paris Racing* in Paris, the Saddlebrook Academy** in the United States).
Lagardère Unlimited employs over 1,000 people, and its activity extends over three continental zones: North and South America, Europe and Africa, and Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
*SASP Lagardère Paris Racing Ressources
** 30% owned by Lagardère Unlimited
Luthna Plocus - Head of Communication and External Relations
Lagardère is a pure media group (books, press, broadcast, digital, travel retail and press distribution, sport industry and entertainment), and is among the world leaders in the sector.
Lagardère shares are listed on Euronext Paris (Compartment A).
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register