Agreement between Europe 1 and TV5
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, August 23, 2005
and Jean-Pierre Elkabbach today signed a partnership agreement between TV5 and Europe 1 to produce and broadcast the weekly discussion/debate show, Le Grand Rendez-vous.
Broadcast live from Europe 1’s studios, the program will air each Sunday on Europe 1 and all TV5 networks worldwide:
- At 6:10 p.m. on Europe 1.
- At 6:30 p.m. on TV5 France-Belgium-Switzerland, following the channel’s 6 p.m. news broadcast.
- And at various times based on time zone for all other TV5 networks
Each week, a special “in the news” guest will be interviewed by Europe 1 and TV5 journalists for nearly an hour. Broadcast worldwide by TV5, Le Grand Rendez-vous will focus heavily on international personalities.
TV5 is beamed into 160 million households and three million hotel rooms worldwide, with a weekly audience of 73 million viewers and a daily audience of 25 million.
TV5 will help Europe 1 expand the reach of this top-quality discussion show.
At the same time, TV5 is rounding out its news coverage with:
- 14 daily newscasts, live from the TV5 newsdesk.
- Rebroadcasts of the news programs of Radio Canada, RTBF, France 2 and Télévision Suisse Romande.
- The channel’s newsmagazines (TV5 l’Invité, Kiosque and Une Fois par Mois).
Europe 1 Communication Department
Anne Labasque/Aurélia Giffaut
Tel: 33 1 47 23 19 22
TV5 Communication Department
Tel: 33 1 44 18 55 62
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register