After launching in Spain, Doctissimo expands to Italy
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, July 12, 2010
Second extension of the site worldwide
Doctissimo.fr, France’s leading women’s website with 7.9 million Unique Visitors (Source: Nielsen Netratings, May 2010), is pursuing its worldwide expansion with the introduction of an Italian version: Doctissimo.it.
Managed out of Paris by Doctissimo’s teams who draw on ten years’ experience in web-based healthcare issues, the site also taps into the market knowledge and sales and marketing expertise of Italy’s Hachette Filipacchi, a Lagardère Active subsidiary.
Doctissimo.it comprises an editorial section:
- 9 editorial sections (healthcare, wellbeing, sexuality, pregnancy, baby care, nutrition, beauty, psychology and recipes)
- Background articles, replete with facts and reviewed by Italian healthcare professionals
- Healthcare news from Italy’s main press agency
- Healthcare and pregnancy encyclopaedias, plus medical, sexuality and baby name dictionaries
- A baby blog
- A psychology blog written by a renowned psychologist
- A beauty and wellbeing blog
- Themed tests (healthcare, psychology, sexuality, etc.)
And a section devoted to communities:
- A forum engaging Internauts to respond to, and share about, the themes addressed by Doctissimo.it and on matters of daily life.
According to Valérie Brouchoud, CEO of Doctissimo : « Internet has become a major tool for patients to get information. Following its successful launch in Spain, Doctissimo Italy again shows our determination to provide Internet users with up-to-the minute information in the field of health and wellbeing. »
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register