Lagardère Active takes the overall lead in the major magazine publishing segments (Audience One results)
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, March 22, 2012
In 2011, Lagardère Active confirmed its position as France’s leading publisher of periodicals, reaching over 25 million readers, or more than one of every two French citizens (aged 15 and up).
The strength of Lagardère Active’s titles is undeniable:
- Two titles among the Top 5 most-read weeklies:
Version Femina with 8.3 million readers
Télé 7 Jours with 5.5 million readers
- Over half of our titles reach more than 2 million readers
Leadership positions were achieved in the following major segments:
- Leader in the News segment
Paris Match remains far and away the leader among newsweeklies.
With 3.7 million readers, Paris Match maintained its leadership with more than one million readers over its challenger. Thanks to its unique positioning, it is the news weekly with the greatest appeal to women.
- Leader in the Women’s segment
Thanks to Version Femina, ELLE and Be, Lagardère Active affirmed its strength in the women’s weekly market with total readership of over 10 million.
– Version Femina was the strongest and most-read women’s magazine with 8.3 million readers.
– ELLE affirmed its leadership in the highly competitive market for upscale women’s weeklies with more than 2 million readers.
– Be, with 699,000 readers after only two years in existence, is positioned as a true challenger, taking its place as the women’s weekly of the Y generation.
– Psychologies Magazine, with 2.6 million readers, is the No. 2 upscale women’s monthly and the leader in the 35-49 age group.
- Leader in the TV Guide segment (except supplements)
Télé 7 Jours was the most-read weekly TV magazine in France with 5.5 million readers. The market leader among TV guide magazines, it beat its main competitor by more than 500,000 readers. Read weekly by over 3 million women, Télé 7 Jours ranks first among female readers.
- Leader in the House and Garden segment
Art & Décoration, Maison & Travaux and Elle Décoration hold the Top 3 positions in this segment, each reaching between 2 and 3 million readers.
With 1.3 million readers, Le Journal de la Maison came in 4th in the Home Decor segment, while Mon Jardin & Ma Maison confirmed its leadership in the Garden segment with 1.7 million readers.
With its seven lifestyle titles, Lagardère Active is the leader in this market with a total of over 7 million readers.
- Leader in the Parenting segment
With more than 2 million readers, Parents is still the leader by a wide margin in this segment. Lagardère Active’s parenting titles, Parents, Infobébés and Infocrèche, reach 2.7 million readers.
- Leader in the Leisure segment
Auto Moto leads in the Automotive segment.
Première is the leading film magazine.
Télé 7 Jeux leads in the Games segment.
- Leader in the Celebrity segment
Public, Ici Paris and France Dimanche are read by over 4 million readers of all generations each week.
Bruno Lesouëf, Lagardère Active’s managing director for publications, commented: “The ONE survey constitutes an historic milestone for magazine readership measurement, and our magazines’ excellent results boost Lagardère Active’s leadership position in all our main segments. Our magazines are strong, standard-setting brands with which our readers have a special relationship.”
Constance Benqué, president of Lagardère Publicité, added: “The advertising market is just discovering this new single-readership survey for the press as a whole. The ONE survey simplifies media planning for advertising market participants by providing more precise analysis with a larger sample and by including digital consumption habits for press brands. Lagardère Publicité is proud to stand out as the leading agency for weeklies and women’s magazines.”
Lagardère Active press contacts:
Lucie Dugit-Gros - +33 (0)1 41 34 79 25 - email@example.com
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register