Paid circulation of weekly magazines in France rose sharply in the third quarter of 2007
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, October 23, 2007
According to the French press circulation audit bureau (OJD)
Lagardere Active today announced the paid circulation in France of its seven main weeklies over the third quarter of 2007. Six of them posted circulation increases and increased their sales, while the seventh, Télé 7 Jours, stabilized its circulation as announced at the start of the year.
The increases observed in the third quarter of 2007, together with the cumulative figures as of the end of September 2007, indicate that net growth in paid circulation is due more to fundamental reasons than to cyclical factors.
Paid circulation of weeklies in France
|Weekly titles||Third quarter 2007 PCF* ODC**||Change vs.third quarter 2006 PCF ODC||PCF ODCJanuary to September2007||Change vs.PCF ODCJanuary to September 2006|
|Public||534,650 copies||+ 29.19 %||438,519 copies||+ 19.75 %|
|Paris Match||697,795 copies||+ 8.22 %||665,141 copies||+ 9.20%|
|Ici Paris||386,493 copies||+ 6.55 %||370,266 copies||+ 4.33 %|
|ELLE||350,924 copies||+ 3.95 %||342,503 copies||+ 3.43 %|
|Journal du Dimanche||266,278 copies||+ 2.19 %||263,863 copies||+1.92 %|
|France Dimanche||460,651 copies||+ 1.80 %||452,037 copies||-1.47 %|
|Télé 7 Jours||1,558,055 copies||– 1.16 %||1,590,015 copies||– 1.81 %|
* PCF: paid circulation in France
** ODC: officially declared circulation
Very positive circulation trends
The superb performance in women’s and celebrity magazines, in particular, confirms the excellent health of Lagardere Active’s portfolio of titles, which capitalizes on the strength of its weeklies, the drawing power of its brands and the quality of its content.
- Public posted excellent results for this summer, with 534,650 copies in paid circulation in France, an increase of 29.19%. This women’s celebrity magazine continues its uninterrupted run since its launch four years ago, generating a historic record over the period with an issue that exceeded 670,000 copies.
- Paris Match (697,795 copies) confirms its fundamental rising trend with this fine performance (up 8.22% over last year). This distinct trend transcends the news-rich context of the period surveyed.
- ELLE (350,924 copies) registered a circulation increase of 3.95% in the third quarter of 2007. After its advance in 2006, ELLE confirms that its circulation is part of a sustainable rising trend in a highly competitive context.
- The traditional tabloids France Dimanche (460,651 copies) and Ici Paris (386,493 copies) have experienced a distinct rebound in their circulation trends since last spring, the effects of which are particularly perceptible for Ici Paris (up 6.55%).
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register