Meeting of the Board of Directors of Lagardère SA
Corporate & other activities
Paris, September 28, 2021
The Board of Directors of Lagardère SA met on September 24, 2021 at the invitation of Arnaud Lagardère, to receive the presentation of the 2022 – 2024 strategic plan.
This strategic plan is in line with the model reaffirmed at the time of the company’s transformation into a joint-stock company, based on complementary businesses and optimization of the operational performance.
For each of the businesses, this strategy is based primarily on the following priorities :
- external growth aimed at optimizing our current geographic footprint and improving the quality of our business in all segments
- increased exploitation of the richness of catalogs and the rights attached to them, with a view to adapting the written words to different forms of distribution and to new audiences;
- modernization of the distribution system and continued savings and rationalization of costs;
- particular attention to CSR issues, both in terms of the division’s operations and the very design of its business;
Lagardère Travel Retail
- consolidation of the leadership position in the three Travel Retail business lines, through a more collaborative value proposition and partnerships with lessors and brand owners;
- strengthening organic growth through the development of digital and an ambitious CSR vision;
- continued efforts to achieve operational savings, through expense variabilization and optimization of structural cost-cutting measures, as well as optimization of working capital and cash flow;
- accelerated expansion, particularly in Asia, in all three business lines.
development of the influence and audience of the Lagardère News division, improvement of the editorial offering, rationalization of costs, and strengthening of the digital business.
Agreement between Vivendi and Amber Capital
Following the announcement on September 15, 2021 by Vivendi SE of its plan to acquire Amber Capital’s stake by December 15, 2022, subject to obtaining the necessary authorizations for the takeover that may result from the mandatory public offer that would follow this acquisition, the Board of Directors, in accordance with stock market regulations, will set up an ad hoc committee from among its members with a majority of independent members, which will be responsible, in particular, for monitoring the process and preparing the draft opinion that the Board of Directors would be asked to issue at the appropriate time on the proposed offer.
Created in 1992, Lagardère is an international group with operations in more than 40 countries worldwide. It employs some 28,000 people and generated revenue of €4,439 million in 2020.
The Group focuses on two priority divisions: Lagardère Publishing (Book and e-Publishing, Mobile and Board games) and Lagardère Travel Retail (Travel Essentials, Duty Free & Fashion, Foodservice).
The Group’s operating assets also include Lagardère News and Lagardère Live Entertainment.
Lagardère shares are listed on Euronext Paris.
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register