Médiamétrie Europe 1: April, May and June sweeps period breaks seven-year record: Europe 1 has best end-of-season since 2006
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, July 16, 2013
At a time of declining radio audiences, Europe 1 gained 178,000 listeners year-on-year:
- With 9.0% cumulative audience, or 4.747 million listeners each day, Europe 1 posted a 0.3-point increase compared to the April-June 2012 sweeps period.
- Since 2006, Europe 1 had never before reached as many listeners at the end of the season.*
- This strong growth compared to the previous sweeps period (up 0.5 point) supports the station’s strategy.
Europe 1 posted remarkable results in advertisers’ core targets:
- The top private radio station in the high SES demographic, Europe 1 has set a new record for this target:** the station now attracts 1.839 million listeners every day.
- With 9.3% audience share in the high SES demographic, Europe 1 gained 0.1 point in this target year-on-year.
- Europe 1 also gained ground in the 25-59 age group, up 0.3 point in audience share to 6.1%.
Over the past year, most of the programmes have increased their audience, with particularly strong growth for shows hosted by Nicolas Poincaré, Jean-Marc Morandini, Laurent Ruquier and Caroline Dublanche.
- Le Grand direct des médias with JM. Morandini: 1.369 million listeners, up 101,000 year-on-year, an 8% rise
- On va s’gêner with Laurent Ruquier: 1.389 million listeners, up 95,000 year-on-year, a 7% rise
- Europe 1 Soir with Nicolas Poincaré: 1.211 million listeners, up 174,000 year-on-year, a 17% rise
- La Libre Antenne with Caroline Dublanche: 400,000 listeners, up 72,000 year-on-year, a 22% rise
Source: Médiamétrie 126,000 Radio survey, April-June 2013, Monday-Friday, 5 am-midnight, ages 13 and up (unless otherwise stated)
* April-June sweeps period, cumulative audience, in thousands.
** Since the 13-and-up measurement has existed, cumulative audience, in thousands.
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields: