A new website specifically designed for mobile phones will enable women to access ELLE’s already popular content, wherever and whenever they choose.
The comprehensive new site provides free access to ELLE content covering fashion, beauty, decoration, people, astrology, cooking, love and sex. Practical and fun to use, this is the first top-range women’s mobile site to offer exclusive mobile services. The site is entirely consistent with the brand’s aesthetic values, femininity, modernity and elegance. It also hosts communities where mobile visitors can interact with the site, aimed at its core female target (ages 16-34), and other users.
On your mobile, ELLE offers:
- A 100% free site, accessible via the Internet as through a PC (mobile Internet access costs are extra, and depend upon your operator).
- Exclusive practical mobile services:
- A shopping guide that allows users to access articles and suggestions from ELLE‘s editorial team.
- ELLE‘s city guide, which makes it easy to find the gourmet delights, fun addresses and relaxing hideaways nearest where you are at that moment, without entering an address (subject to the availability of GPS data supplied by the operator).
- Hints and tips on make-up and lots of other downloadable videos (depending on telephone compatibility).
- ELLE’s celebrated recipes, naturally, plus slimming eateries, a restaurant guide and more.
- Fashion/beauty content with all of ELLE’s major sections, including Look of the Day and beauty tips, plus photos and videos of fashion shows.
- Star signs, with fun services like first-name affinities, celebrity tarot and crystal ball readings, plus your daily horoscope and essential astrological events of the summer and year.
- Lots of benefits from Le Club ELLE, with special ELLE offers, a newsletter, and alerts via SMS or by e-mail direct to your mobile.
- Via SMS: send ELLE by SMS to 31900 (non-premium rate SMS) to receive your connection link free of charge.
- Or enter the elle.fr or m.elle.fr URL directly into your mobile’s navigator.
Says Franck Espiasse, editor of the ELLE brand, “Elle.fr already attracts more than a million unique visitors per month. This site marks another step forward in our digital development by providing mobile access to ELLE content while remaining faithful to the brand’s inspirational values. The ELLE mobile site makes the brand totally interactive, with multimedia content and innovative services. It enables ELLE fans to enjoy a complete selection of content, put at their disposal by the editorial teams. This will help ELLE keep in even closer contact with its readers.”
According to Marketing Director Emmanuel Vacher, “Mobiles represent a key challenge for Lagardère Active’s digital strategy. We currently have some 15 mobile sites based on Lagardère Active brands, including Auto Moto, Public, Elle à Table, Elle Astro, Télé 7 Jours, Sports.fr, Football.fr, Boursier.com, Virgin17, MCM and Virgin Radio. The extension of unlimited Internet access to mobile Internet services, combined with a marked improvement in the user experience and boosted by the I-Phone phenomenon, have finally made it suitable for a wide audience. Mobile phones’ individual dimension and their extremely strong bond with almost 80% of French people have made them an essential element in our everyday lives, offering promising signs for their future development as an advertising medium.”