ELLE was awarded the title of Best Magazine Brand at the 11th Magazine of the Year Awards, held by the French union of magazine publishers (SEPM). The prize recognizes the brand’s strategy for development in alternative media, especially digital media (web, tablets and smartphones) and for expanding into other means of expression (events, services etc.).
ELLE is more than just a magazine; it’s a globally recognized media brand that deploys its original content through a strong identity based on its core values.
Today, the ELLE brand means:
- The magazine: as the leading high-end women’s magazine, ELLE has over 2 million readers* and paid circulation of 383,905 copies** every week in France.
*One 2012 ** OJD 2012
- International versions that reach over 33 million readers: there are 43 editions of ELLE in 41 countries, 25 editions of ELLE Décoration, four editions of ELLE à Table, three editions of ELLE Girl and one edition of ELLE Men.* *Licensed for publication with Hearst in 16 countries and with Burda, Aller, Sanoma, Ringier and 14 other partners in the other 25 countries.
- The leading high-end women’s website with more than 2 million unique visitors every month (Nielsen ratings).
- ELLE Daily: this daily fashion webzine is a unique, innovative, unconventional concept that has become a must-read for the fashion sector in just a few months.
- The ELLE mobile and tablet apps: ELLE, ELLE Astro and ELLE à Table apps.
- A lively, active social-network community: Facebook: 325,000 fans; Twitter: 380,000 followers; Pinterest: 5,000 subscribers; Instagram: 7,000 followers; Google+: 60,503; and Vine: 1,600 subscribers.
- Major events and prestigious awards: PrésidentiELLE, ELLE Active, ELLE aime la mode, ELLE en scène, Le Grand Prix Cinéma ELLE, Le Grand Prix des Lectrices ELLE, the ELLE International Beauty Awards and more.
- The ELLE Foundation: established in 2004 on Valérie Toranian’s initiative, this foundation strives to promote women’s liberation and was awarded the Corporate Philanthropy Award in December 2012.
According to Valérie Toranian, ELLE’s managing editor and brand manager for the ELLE brand, “ELLE is a creative, exacting brand that has always known how to stay fresh, and we are very proud of this award, which recognizes these efforts. ELLE’s influence comes from its energy, strong editorial position and daring choices, which we have successfully adapted for many different countries while remaining true to our values and commitments.”
In the words of Franck Espiasse-Cabau, publisher of Lagardère Active’s Women’s division and ELLE brand manager, “We are delighted to receive this award celebrating the powerful ELLE brand, which has developed around the world in all media formats. I would also like to commend the magazine for its success, both in France, where it has managed to maintain a decisive lead in the ultra-competitive market for high-end women’s magazines, and internationally, where we actively continue to expand our network.”