ELLE MAN: new for men
Archives Lagardère Active
Paris, October 1, 2013
ELLE, THE LEADING WOMEN’S UP-MARKET MEDIA BRAND, CONTINUES ITS EXPANSION.
After the recent launch of ELLE in Australia, bringing the number of global editions up to 44, and building on the success of the 11 already existing editions of ELLE MEN, particularly in Asia, the ELLE brand is now launching a new spinoff in France: ELLE MAN, a magazine for men featuring the latest trends in style, culture and society.
ELLE MAN REFLECTS THE IMAGE OF TODAY’S HASSLE-FREE MAN who has a style of his own, likes fashion without getting carried away, has a sense of taste, and likes to keep informed and enjoy himself. The tone is original, off-beat and quintessentially male.
ELLE MAN IS BROKEN DOWN INTO FIVE MAIN CATEGORIES:
- Choices: a collection of articles combining culture, lifestyle, politics and society – a mix of stimulating information reflecting the spirit of the times.
- Style: trend analysis, product presentations, and tips and recommendations.
- Journalism: special reports produced by original contributors (Anna Cabana, Marc Dugain, Mark Alizart, Laurent Goumarre, Mehdi and Badrou, Augustin Trapenard and Joann Sfar), portraits and analysis of fiction.
- Fashion: three series signed by prestigious photographers presenting a diversity of styles.
- Lifestyle: practical tips on where to go, where to dine, what to do with the kids and how to go “geek chic”.
ELLE MAN WILL BE HOSTED ON THE ELLE.FR WEBSITE in a section devoted entirely to men. This space, enriched with new content daily, will disseminate the ELLE MAN spirit on the Internet.
According to Valerie Toranian, editorial director: “Men are changing; they consume differently and are increasingly affirming their tastes and identity. Designing a new magazine to accompany these changes is an exciting challenge. ELLE MAN is a stylish magazine for all styles of men, a magazine without hang-ups, in tune with the times, that transcends divisions, stereotypes and typologies.”
According to Edouard Dutour, editor-in-chief: “The best revenge would be to see a woman leaning over the shoulder of her companion reading ELLE MAN. ELLE has a magical dimension that ELLE MAN would do well to appropriate: it aims to be a unique but universal magazine, like nothing else, but intended for everyone.”
WITH THIS LAUNCH, THE ELLE BRAND SUCCESSFULLY CONTINUES ITS DEPLOYMENT:
Launch of ELLE Australia, the 44th international edition since 23 September 2013
Launch of the new www.elle.fr website, with a section devoted to ELLE MAN
The ELLE MAN network throughout the world:
- 3 monthlies in 3 regions: China, Hong Kong and Thailand (planned for October 2013)
- 8 supplements in 5 countries: India, Indonesia, Mexico, Romania and Turkey
- 8 special issues in 3 countries: Canada, Hungary and Vietnam
THE ELLE BRAND:
The magazine: France’s leading high-end women’s magazine with a weekly readership of over two million readers* and paid circulation of 382,860 copies**
* One 2012-2013 ** OJD 2012-2013
International editions reaching an audience of over 33 million readers: 44 editions of ELLE in 43 countries, 25 editions of ELLE Décoration, 4 editions of ELLE à Table (3 editions of ELLE Girl and 2 editions of ELLE Man.*
* Published under a licensing agreement with Hearst in 17 countries, and Burda, Aller, Sanoma, Ringier and 14 other partners in 25 other countries.
The leading high-end women’s magazine website with Web Responsive Design and more than 2 million unique visitors (Médiamétrie Nielsen) and 30 million page views monthly (AT Internet).
Daily ELLE: a daily fashion webzine based on a unique, innovative, off-beat concept, which has become “a must read” in the fashion world in just a few months.
ELLE applications for mobile phones and tablets: ELLE, ELLE Astro and ELLE à Table apps
A lively, active social-network community:
- Twitter: 467,000 followers
- Facebook: 353,000 fans
- Pinterest: 7,450 subscribers
- Instagram: 15,135 followers
- Google +: 65,320 subscribers
- Vine: 7,500 subscribers
Lucie Dugit-Gros - Tel.: +33 (0)1 41 34 79 25 - email@example.com
Michèle Sebbag - Tel.: +33 (0)6 86 44 77 45 - firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY FACTS ON ELLE MAN:
- Launch date: Thursday 3 October 2013
- Publication frequency: bimonthly
- Editorial director: Valérie Toranian
- Deputy editorial director: Véronique Philipponnat
- Editor-in-chief Edouard Dutour
- Number of pages: 196 pages including over 50 pages of advertising in the first issue
- Print run: 150,000 copies
- Sale price: €3.50
- Advertising network: Lagardère Publicité
To receive institutional press releases from the Lagardère group, please complete the following fields:Register