2022 Key figures
- 96/100: gender balance index.
- 96 new partworks launched worldwide.
- 55 literary prizes awarded to Hachette Livre’s publishing houses in France.
- 141 titles published by Hachette UK on The Sunday Times bestseller list.
- 200 titles published by Hachette Book Group on The New York Times bestseller list.
- 98% of the paper used by Hachette Livre is recycled or certified.
- 7,479 permanent employees worldwide.
2022 Leading positions
- No. 3 trade publisher worldwide.
- No. 1 publisher and book distributor in France.
- No. 1 publisher of partworks worldwide.
- No. 2 publisher of board games in France.
- No. 2 book publisher in the United Kingdom.
- No. 4 book publisher in the United States.
- No. 2 textbook publisher in Spain.
2022 Key dates
- January: Hachette UK acquires Paperblanks, the world’s second-largest premium stationery brand.
- February: Hachette Livre acquires Bragelonne, the leading French publisher of fantasy literature, and takes a majority stake in La Boîte de Jeu.
- March: Hachette Livre invests in Educapital 2, the first European investment fund dedicated to Edtech.
- April: launch of the Hachette Foundation for Reading, chaired by Pierre Leroy (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hachette Livre).
- June: Isabelle Saporta appointed Chair and Chief Executive Officer of Fayard Editions.
Hachette Livre publishes its first CSR report in France.
- July: Marta Martínez, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of Hachette España, receives the publishing industry award for CEO of the Year.
- October – November: Hachette Livre’s publishing houses win 55 literary prizes in France.
- November: Hachette UK acquires Welbeck Publishing Group.
- December: launch of Hachette Livre’s decarbonisation “30/30 strategy”.
Breakdown of 2022 revenue