Paris, March 26, 2009
The first annual CHINEPLUS Readers’ Awards
The first annual CHINEPLUS Readers’ Awards were presented this evening at the French Senate’s reception rooms by Jean-Pierre Raffarin, former prime minister and senator from the Vienne region. Other attendees of note included Didier Quillot, chairman of the Management Board of Lagardère Active, and Mr Song Jingwu, minister-counsellor of the Embassy of China.
These awards are intended to help the French people – many of whom seek to deepen their understanding of China – in selecting the best available works on the country. Books published in 2008 in two categories, economics & society and culture & art, were selected for the first awards.
The winners chosen today by the judging panel’s* unanimous vote are:
- Economics & society: François Hauter for Planète Chinoise, published by Carnets Nord.
- Culture & art: Roland and Sabrina Michaud for La Chine dans un Miroir, published by Flammarion.
*A shortlist of six books was drawn up by an editorial committee from CHINEPLUS, after which a readers’ panel chose the winner. Contenders included:
- La Chine m’Inquiète by Jean-Luc Domenach, published by Perrin.
- Chine l'Empire des Extrêmes by Christine Nilsson, published by Harfang.
- Internet et la Chine by Pierre Haski, published by Le Seuil.
- Aquarelles by Zao Wou Ki, published by Albin Michel.
This event was sponsored by Asia Inspection, EDF, Mondial Assistance and Safran.
Contact Prix des lecteurs de CHINEPLUS :
- Didier Derville - T : 01 41 34 77 84 - firstname.lastname@example.org