Dividend in respect of the 2015 financial year :
- The dividend (at €1.3 per share) was paid as of May 10, 2016.
- The ex-dividend date was May 6, 2016.
|Number of shares |
on which dividend is paid
|Total payout |
(in thousand of €)
|05/13/2014||127,563,424 ||1.3||165,832 |
|05/31/2013||128,515,724 ||9||1,156,641 |
Lagardère maintained a bold policy of paying out returns to its shareholders from FY 2003 through to 2014:
- Between 2003 and 2008, the dividend paid out grew regularly at a pace averaging 8% p.a.
- For the eighth year in a row, the ordinary dividend amounted to €1.30 per share.
- An extra dividend of €6 per share deducted from « Share Premiums » was paid out on May 13, 2014, in addition to the ordinary portion (equal to €1.30 per share) of the dividend paid out in respect of FY 2013. This extra dividend corresponded to the payment to the shareholders of part of the revenue from the sale of the Lagardère group's stake in Canal+ France.
- An interim dividend of €9 was paid out on May 31, 2013. This interim dividend derived from the Lagardère group's sale of its 7.4% interest in EADS on April 12, 2013. It represented the exceptional portion of the dividend, the amount of which was approved by the General Meeting of shareholders held on May 6, 2014 to approve the FY 2013 financial statements.
- In 2005, Lagardère paid an exceptional dividend of €2 per share following the sale of the T-Online shares Lagardère received in exchange for Club Internet.
The Lagardère groupThe Lagardère group is a global leader in content publishing, production, broadcasting and distribution, whose powerful brands leverage its virtual and physical networks to attract and enjoy qualified audiences.
The Group's business model relies on creating a lasting and exclusive relationship between the content it offers and its customers.
It is structured around four business lines.
Planetshares - your global share management tool
Planetshares, your interactive website for managing your shareplan portfolio online