The consolidated financial statements of the Lagardère group included 457 companies in 2014.
The Group’s operating activities include:
- Media activities: Book Publishing, Distribution and Services, Press, Radio/Television, Audiovisual Production, New Media and business lines related to Sports and Entertainment. These operating activities are controlled through Lagardère Media (formerly Hachette SA), respectively via the following companies: Hachette Livre, Lagardère Services, Lagardère Active and Lagardère Unlimited;
- other smaller business activities or those with no operating relationship with the media businesses, which constitute the “Other Activities” segment and are under the control of Lagardère SCA. Lagardère SCA is the holding company that controls all the subsidiaries and other participating interests, draws up the strategy for the Group, guides and finances its development, makes the main management decisions to this end, and ensures those decisions are implemented both at the level of the Group’s parent company and of its divisions.
The group is managed in accordance with strict, detailed corporate governance rules, about which it communicates openly. The main aspects of corporate governance are presented in the ‘Group’ section of this site, in particular:
- French partnership limited by shares
- Managing Partners
- Supervisory board
- Audit committee
- Appointments and Remuneration Committee
- Articles of Association
- AFEP-MEDEF code
- A detailed presentation of our corporate governance, including a description of our internal control bodies and procedures, can be found in Chapter 7 of the 2014 Reference Document (pdf)