Communiqués de presse
Paris, March 24, 2009
The success story of Public continues... with a third star from the OJD
For the third time since its launch, PUBLIC has won a star from the French press-circulation audit bureau (OJD) in the magazine-publishing category for its “consistent success.” The magazine registered the strongest circulation growth in absolute numbers over five consecutive years.
Launched in July 2003, PUBLIC – “the new-generation women’s celebrity magazine” – quickly made a name for itself with an innovative new concept that combines celebrity news, topics of interest to women and TV programming. Its tone is always light-hearted and sometimes irreverent, but never malicious.
PUBLIC continued its five-year ascent by betting on style and beauty, a stance that has strong appeal for the generation of 20- to 30-year-olds who faithfully read it over the weekend (it hits newsstands on Friday).
Today, PUBLIC’s success is based on…
- Over 3 million readers and the strongest readership growth among all weeklies.
The magazine registered the top performance in its market (up 5.4%) during the latest AEPM sweeps period.
- A fundamental rising trend in circulation, with 439,300 copies (up 1.4%).
- Clear-cut advertising success. Today, PUBLIC is a tried-and-tested medium, highly appreciated by advertisers for its positive stance, solid generational positioning and strong drawing power with the market’s most qualified readership.
….Plus all the advantages of a true multimedia brand
- PUBLIC.fr was a trailblazer among celebrity websites; today, it is an integral part of Lagardère Active’s Entertainment portal, Premiere.fr, which draws a total of over 3 million unique visitors (Nieslen Netratings - Jan.09).
- A TV version, PUBLIC TV, the leading “all celebrities, all the time” TV channel launched in 2006, plus a flagship show produced by PUBLIC TV, “100% People,” broadcast on the Filles TV channel since 2007.
- The development of cross-media editorial projects (e.g. the 2007 PUBLIC Glam Awards, in partnership with MCM and Yahoo).
According to Nicolas Pigasse, PUBLIC’s managing editor: “PUBLIC arrived on the market with a new, people-friendly concept that proved a real source of strength. Since then, the magazine has never stopped evolving to meet all its readers’ expectations. And there will be many more surprises in store for them in 2009 as the magazine strives to maintain its leadership position and pioneering strategy in editorial choices.”